Suspect back on the street, KO Punch Outside NYC Restaurant fee cut – NBC New York

the accused the accused Brutally beaten another man in an unprovoked attack After being pursued outside a New York City restaurant, he returns to the street, where the attempted murder charges against him have been lowered.

Pui Van Vu was released from prison Thursday after being released on probation, and now faces charges of assault and harassment — both of which are not eligible for bail, the Bronx Attorney General’s office said. It was not immediately clear why the charges were reduced, with the DA’s office saying only that they had “made charges based on the investigation”.

Surveillance video showed that the 52-year-old victim, identified by his brother as Jesus Cortez, was in front of the Fuego Tipico restaurant at 188 Street in Fordham Heights around 10:45 p.m. on August 12. In the agonizing footage of the attack, Fu can be seen quietly walking behind Cortez, his arms folded down behind his back.

Fu, 55, violently hit him with his right arm, the right hook to the head instantly knocking Cortez unconscious on the ground. Standing over the stationary victim, Fu looks at him for a moment before heading back inside the restaurant. Police said there had been no prior conversation or argument before the attack.

Police say it appears Cortez left the restaurant and stopped outside when he saw several people talking. It was then that the attacker came from behind, put on a pair of gloves and wound him in the head in a silent attack. The victim sustained a fractured skull, a fractured cheekbone and a brain haemorrhage in the attack. He was said to have been taken to hospital in critical condition.

Cortez’s brother, Juan, told NBC New York that his brother “is “day by day. We are simply asking God to help him, so that the justice system is tough” against the attacker.

“My brother is in this situation because of these criminals walking in the street,” said Juan Cortez. “The only thing I want is justice for my brother. It looks like this person has a criminal record.”

Foe was said to have been a convicted sex offender, and was part of a gang rape in 1994. He was released from state prison in 2015. The Bronx DA said Foe called a parole officer after the attack.

The motive for the attack was not clear and it was not clear if Fu had a lawyer.

#Suspect #street #Punch #NYC #Restaurant #fee #cut #NBC #York

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.